Crowdfunding Your Family's Future

"Am I my brother's keeper?" - Cain

Am I?  Yes.  As a Christian I am called to help those in need.  I am called to see Christ in each person I meet and help them as I am able.  Does this mean I have to give every dollar I have to everyone that asks?  No.  Does this mean I am called to cut my family grocery bill in half and give the rest to those in need?  No.

Sometimes helping people means more than just giving them things, stuff, money.  Helping can include prayers, support, denying their requests, punishment, and education.  I help my children in those ways almost daily!

Another thing I do almost daily is see terrible stories of hurting families asking for help.  A young father dies of cancer leaving a stay-at-home wife and children behind and the family needs money fast.  A mother of 5 is killed in a freak accident and the father and children are in danger of becoming homeless.  A young newly married couple finds that their infant child died in her sleep and along with all the pain and suffering they have to go into debt to pay for a decent funeral.

How do I know these things happen?  I see them on Facebook almost daily.  I see them on Facebook not because I personally know these people but because someone I know has shared some sort of "crowdfunding" page asking for support.  Will I help?  Absolutely, I have to, I want to, I'm compelled to out of love.

But I will help in two ways.  First, I'll donate to help ease some of the burden for these families.  Second, I'll continue to educate about the importance of life insurance.

Crowd funding is not a life insurance plan.  It's a pass-the-hat, desperate cry for help.  It's a band-aid for a gaping wound.  It may help with some immediate needs but it's not a viable solution.  If we can help, we need to do so.  However, we also need to help people see a better way.  We need to help them see that a little bit of planning and forethought can have an impact on a family for generations.  Not looking forward, not planning can also affect a family for generations.

Studies show that the majority of Americans overestimate the cost of life insurance.  I know it's true.  I often ask how much a client thinks the proposed coverage will cost.  I'm shocked at answers that are 8-10 times the actual cost of coverage.  My clients are relieved when I show them the true cost.

The young father could have had a million dollars of coverage to protect his family for about $1 per day.  The mother of 5 could have had 2 million dollars of coverage to help her husband pay off debts, keep the house, and put the kids through college for about $1.25 per day.  The young couple who lost their daughter and will be reminded of it with every credit card payment could have paid for the funeral and set up a scholarship or memorial fund with $100,000 policy for less than $1 per day.  Well over $3,000,000 of coverage for between $4-$5 per day instead of a few thousand through crowdfunding.

Talk to your friends and relatives about having a plan in place.  Even a basic "burial policy" for $15,000 to $25,000 shouldn't cost much more than a dollar or two a day.  Take care of yourself and take care of your family.  It's the right thing do.  Life insurance is one purchase that can do so much good in the midst of so much pain and suffering.  For much less than what you are paying for your cell phone bill you could have great coverage for your family.  Click on the free quote link below to see how affordable it really is...


Let's start a conversation about insuring your love and supporting your Catholic community!

Phone: 740-324-0702
Social: #JHAHNCOF

"When considering purchasing Life Insurance from an agent - service, knowledge, and reputation is just as important price." 

Comments