20 Questions to Ask your Agent

During your Annual Review the agent shouldn't be the only one asking questions. In fact, think of yourself as a team working to make sure your financial situation is in tip-top shape.

Here are some questions you may want to present to your agent at your meeting:
  1. What is my current coverage amount?
  2. Is it Term, Whole Life, or Universal Life?
  3. When will the policy end?
  4. Is there any cash value in my policy?
  5. Can I borrow from the cash value?
  6. Who do I have listed as my beneficiaries?
  7. Can I change my beneficiaries if needed?
  8. Does my policy have any riders?
  9. Are the riders free or do they have a cost?
  10. Are those riders still needed?
  11. Is my policy convertible if needed?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for a lower premium?
  13. Who owns my policy?
  14. Can I donate my policy to charity? If so, how?
  15. What are the tax consequences, if any, of surrendering my policy?
  16. Can I give ownership of my policy to the funeral home?
  17. Can I reapply for a better rating/premium?
  18. Will my premiums increase at any time?
  19. Does my policy have dividends? If so, what options do I have with those?
  20. What steps should my family take to make a claim?
I've created a PDF Download with these questions and space for you to write out the answers during your review. Feel free to print it out!

Participating in Annual Insurance reviews ensures that your family is protected and your wishes will be fulfilled.

Reach out to me at any time with questions or for your own Annual Review.

Full Disclosure: I am a Life Insurance Agent for The Catholic Order of Foresters, Catholic Financial Life, Stewardship Financial Group, and a Development Officer with The Catholic Foundation.



Let's start a conversation about insuring your love!

Phone: 740-324-0702

"When considering purchasing Life Insurance from an agent - service, knowledge, and reputation is just as important price." 


Comments